This list is a resource for anyone on an adventure of finding lasting peace, freedom, and abundance in their lives.
With just as many paths of truth as there are people on this earth, it would be impossible to list every single ‘woke’ one that ever existed. There are many obvious additions not included here that have massive spiritual influence and which you may find equally as enlightening…
Needless to say, these WOKE ones are the ones who, at various times in my evolution of waking up, have helped up-level my understanding of self. They have given me great insights, joy, and deeply loving company in a sometimes quite isolating and confusing world/mind.
May you too find your guides. May you be entertained, excited, and rush with goosebumps of truth as your ultimate self dawns upon you.
These are in no particular order, let your own curiosity guide you!
* Click on their picture to be guided to their personal site (if they have one).
Taking time to discover yourself is the best use of time. Prioritize this. One should not excessively seek partners or friends, one should seek to know and be oneself. As you begin to awaken to the Truth, you start noticing how well life flows by itself and how well you are cared for. Life supports the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs of the one who is open to self-discovery. Trust opens your eyes to the recognition of this. Surrender allows you to merge in your own eternal being.
2. JULIA CAMERON ~ American teacher, author, artist, poet, playwright, novelist, filmmaker, composer, and journalist. She is most famous for her book The Artist’s Way.
“But do you know who old I will be by the time I learn to really play the piano/act/paint/write a decent play?”
Yes… the same age you will be if you don’t.
3. CARL JUNG ~ Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst who founded analytical psychology. His work has been influential in not only psychiatry but also anthropology, archaeology, literature, philosophy, and religious studies.
The Buddha is really nothing other than the activating psyche of the yogi – the meditator himself. It is not only that the image of Buddha is produced out of one’s own mind and thought but the psyche which produces these thought forms is the Buddha himself.
4. BOB MARLEY ~ Jamaican singer-songwriter.
Don’t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright.
5. THICH NHAT HANH ~ Vietnamese monk, spiritual teacher, peace activist.
People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.
6. BRYON KATIE ~ American speaker and author who teaches a method of self-inquiry known as “The Work”.
…all the advice you ever gave your partner is for you to hear.
7. GARY DOUGLAS & DAIN HEER ~ Founders of Access Consciousness: a set of tools and process to discovery the infinite possibilities of who you truly be.
Total lack of judgement equals total freedom ~ Gary Douglas
If you could figure out your life by thinking, if you could mentally figure out how to be you, wouldn’t you have done so already? If thinking yourself out of the box actually worked wouldn’t you be generating a totally different reality by now? I mean really, haven’ you been trying to think your way out of the box forever? ~ Dain Heer
8. JANE ROBERTS (SETH) ~ American author, poet, psychic, and spirit medium, who channeled an energy personality “Seth.”
The experiment that would transform your world would operate upon the basic idea that you create your own reality according to the nature of your beliefs, and that all existence was blessed, and that evil did not exist in it. If these ideas were followed individually and collectively then the evidence of your physical selves would find no contradiction. They would perceive the world and existence as good. ~ Seth
9. RUMI ~ 13th-century Persian Sunni Muslim poet, jurist, Islamic scholar, theologian, and Sufi mystic.
Close your eyes, fall in love, stay there.
10. SRI RAMANA MAHARSHI ~ Hindu sage and jivanmukta (enlightened one). When asked how a yogi can know his past lives:
…find the present, then the rest will follow […] Forgetting self, mistaking the body for the Self, taking innumerable births, and at last knowing Self and being Self is just like waking from a dream of wandering all over the world.
11. BOTA – BUILDERS OF THE ADYTUM ~ School of the Western mystery tradition.
The Pattern on the Trestleboard
This is Truth about the Self:
0. All the Power that ever was or will be is here now.
1. I am a center of expression for the Primal Will-to-Good which eternally creates and sustains the Universe.
2. Through me its unfailing Wisdom takes form in thought and word.
3. Filled with Understanding of its perfect law, I am guided, moment by moment, along the path of liberation.
4. From the exhaustless riches of its Limitless Substance, I draw all things needful, both spiritual and material.
5. I recognize the manifestation of the Undeviating Justice in all the circumstances of my life.
6. In all things, great and small, I see the Beauty of the Divine Expression.
7. Living from that Will, supported by its unfailing Wisdom and Understanding, mine is the Victorious Life.
8. I look forward with confidence to the perfect realization of the Eternal Splendor of the Limitless Light.
9. In thought and word and deed, I rest my life, from day to day, upon the sure Foundation of Eternal Being.
10. The Kingdom of Spirit is embodied in my flesh.
12. ROBERT A. MONROE ~ Known for his research into altered consciousness and founding The Monroe Institute.
[Advanced] souls know that they cannot change the system and they don’t wish to. They are content to enjoy themselves in the Earth Life system and the only influence they exert is to maximize their experience.
13. THE BEATLES ~ Rock Band.
Love is old
Love is new
Love is all
Love is you.
14. Patanjali ~ Several important ancient Sanskrit works are ascribed to one or more authors of this name, namely The Yoga Sutras.
When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties, and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.
15. ECKHART TOLLE ~ Spiritual Teacher.
Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.
16. PLANTS ~ They are all around us. Scott Kloos and his work with The School of Forest Medicine introduced me to the how to and utter brilliance of plant consciousness.
The world is your minds reflection, fall not forward into the world. Relax back into the heart. All is well. ~My meditation with St. Johns Wort
17. ESTHER HICKS (ABRAHAM-HICKS) ~ American inspirational speaker and author creating works based on the universal Law of Attraction.
You are joy, looking for a way to express. It’s not just that your purpose is joy, it is just that you are joy. You are love and joy and freedom and clarity expressing. Ever-frolicking and eager. That’s who you are. It’s not your job to make something happen – universal forces are in place for all that. Your work is to simply determine what you want.
18. ANNIE DILLARD ~ American author, best known for her narrative prose in both fiction and non-fiction.
Go up into the gaps. If you can find them, they shift and vanish too. Stalk the gaps. Squeak into a gap in the soil, turn, and unlock – more than a maple – a universe. This is how you spend this afternoon, and tomorrow morning, and tomorrow afternoon. Spend the afternoon. You can’t take it with you.
19. ROBERT ADAMS ~ American Advaita teacher. While I still glean from all, this is my current teacher. Please comment below with your email if you’d like me to send you his complete works in an e-book format.
Every time you say to yourself “Who am I” you are moving a step ahead on the spiritual path. That’s all you have to do. “Who am I?” and you will soon discover that the ‘I’ is not you. The ‘I’ that you are referring to is not you, its not anything. It is merely a thought. It has absolutely nothing to do with you…once the ‘I’ disappears you are totally free and liberated.
20. YOU ~ This is You. This is every single friend or foe, every single family member, co-worker, lover, and stranger. This is YOU. You are woke my friend. In our own way, we all are.
I am Chelsea – a writer, fabric artist, mama, and earth lover. I’m creating an artist residency and retreat of epic proportions and also launching an earth based kids magazine. You can become a part of the hippydom on Patreon for as little as $1 and help get this show on the road! On this blog I write advice on freeing your creativity, living your best life, and wild-raising a kid to be joyously themselves. Keep in touch through Instagram, and Facebook. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Happy Hippydom for new videos every week.